Autodesk has released their 3D Direct Modeling software Inventor Fusion for Mac. It is available for download in the Mac App Store now and at a great price. Inventor Fusion for Mac is also Mountain Lion ready.
Fusion is a great 3D modeling tool for hobbyist and professionals alike. Its key features are:
- 2D Sketching – Start designs by using simple 2D sketch tools and control sketches with dimensions. Users can generate multiple shapes fast with 2D layouts.
- Direct Modeling – Users can more easily push, pull and edit to reach the final desired result. Direct modeling helps users focus on the design task and not on complex modeling commands and dialogs. Autodesk Inventor Fusion technology is a history-free 3D design tool.
- Assembly design – Assemblies that mimic the real world make positioning and moving the design fast and predictable. Designing in context provides users with information to help make better design decisions. Flexible assembly structure ensures that users can make changes at any time.
- Real-Time Visualization – Beautiful 3D and fast real-time navigation make it easier to create and present designs.
- Cloud Storage – Store and share designs using Autodesk 360 collaboration service. Users can view designs on the go with Autodesk Viewers for iOS or WebGL-enabled browsers.
Autodesk says that Inventor Fusion for Mac is fully interoperable with AutoCAD and Inventor and other Autodesk CAD tools. Though I’m not sure how the Mac version will function in the Mac workflow because there is no Inventor for Mac and right now Autodesk does not support AutoCAD 2013 for Mac on Mountain Lion (see previous post).
But for Mac lovers this is a good thing. Fusion is very powerful and now they have native 3D Direct Modeling available to them. Maybe it’s time I look at getting a Mac?