Rhino users rejoice; the latest software version, Rhino 5, is compatible out-of-the-box with all current models of 3Dconnexion 3D mice.
The introduction of Rhino 5 sets a new benchmark for how good the 3Dconnexion 3D mouse experience can be. Now, a 3D mouse provides Rhino 5 users an incomparable level of design interaction, making it a rewarding and creativity boosting tool. What’s capable with this 3D design duo?
- Intelligent 3D Navigation—The 3D mouse automatically follows the user's point of interest to continuously determine the optimal center of rotation. Alternatively, one can choose to rotate around a selected item.
- Enhanced Camera Navigation—The 3D mouse can be used to manipulate models in any of three navigation modes: Camera, Target Camera or Helicopter.
- Customizable Buttons— With Rhino 5’s new 3D mouse button mapping editor, it’s quick and easy for users to assign their favorite commands to the 3D mouse function keys, helping them to "stay in the zone" by reducing keyboard and standard mouse use.
See the complete press release below.
From illustration and animation to engineering and product design, incorporating a 3D mouse in the design process helps Rhino users create a more natural connection to their 3D content.
Unleash the Power of Rhino
A 3D mouse provides Rhino 5 users an incomparable level of design interaction, making it a rewarding and time-saving tool. With the latest version of Rhino, users of 3Dconnexion 3D mice will see improvements in the following feature areas:
- Intelligent 3D Navigation—Whether working with larger models or focusing on intricate details, the 3D mouse automatically follows a point of interest to continuously determine the optimal center of rotation. Alternatively, users can easily choose to rotate around a selected item.
- Enhanced Camera Navigation—The 3Dconnexion controller cap allows users to manipulate models comfortably in any of three navigation modes: Camera, Target Camera or Helicopter.
- Customizable Buttons—With Rhino 5’s new 3D mouse button mapping editor, it’s quick and easy to assign commonly used commands to the 3D mouse function keys—saving time and reducing keyboard and standard mouse use.
“Rhino 5 includes a significantly improved 3Dconnexion 3D mouse integration, making 3D navigation a much richer experience.” says Carlos Perez Alba, EMEA Sales & Marketing Manager at McNeel Europe. “Users who integrate Rhino 5 with a 3Dconnexion mouse can take advantage of the updated navigation features, allowing them to design, view and position their digital content faster than ever."
View a quick video to learn more about how to enhance Rhino 5 using a 3D mouse.
Rhino 5 is compatible with the entire 3Dconnexion product line, including the SpacePilot Pro, SpaceMouse Pro, SpaceNavigator and SpaceNavigator for Notebooks.
3Dconnexion makes 3D mice that revolutionize the way people interact with 3D applications, providing a more natural and intuitive way to interact with digital 3D content. By gently manipulating the controller cap, 3D mouse users can simultaneously pan, zoom and rotate their 3D models or camera position while using the standard mouse or tablet to select, create and edit.
It’s an intuitive, balanced and cooperative work style that results in increased productivity, improvements in creativity and enhanced comfort.
Supported by today’s most popular and powerful 3D applications, 3Dconnexion’s award-winning 3D mice serve a wide variety of industries and are used by engineers, designers, architects and artists across the globe.
3Dconnexion’s North American headquarters are in Boston, Mass., with offices worldwide. Stay up-to-date with all the latest company and industry news via the 3DxBlog, Facebook and Twitter.