- Start the Break command (type break or br on the command line)
- Select the object to break which also selects the start of the break area (the area that will be removed from the selected line.)
- Pick the Second Break point. This will break the line (arc, circle, polyline, etc.) and remove the segment from the object.
Now for the Tip. It’s an extra step but it gives you control of where the line is being broken.
- Start the Break command.
- Type F on the command line. Select exactly where you want the first break point to located.
- Pick your second break location.
This method makes it easier to control exactly where your line is going to be “broken”.
Tip Number Two.
- Start the break command and select your object to break.
- Type F on the command line and pick the exact place you want to break your line.
- For your second point pick the exact same place.
This tip allows you to break an object in one place leaving the entire object visually intact, but split into two segments. It will look as if it is still one object until you select it.